Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Saturday, May 26, 2007

We're HOME!

Good morning from Buck Lake! You wouldn't believe my view as I type this, even if it is just temporary. ;o) (I'll post some pics later once I get iPhoto loaded on my laptop) Just thought I'd do a quick update to let you know that the family Taverner has come to the end of their "Expat Adventures" and we have arrived safely in Ontario. Connor and Cameron arrived first on Monday with Grandpa and then me, Tim, Mae and Delsin arrived on Thursday...later than we had anticipated after some unexpected delays during our travel! It feels great to be HOME. I loved my four years in England and I experienced my toughest goodbyes on Thursday in my seven years abroad. I felt dehydrated from all the tears I shed. I always manage to find true "kindred spirits" wherever I go, I'm a lucky lady. :o)

Anyhoo, life is a bit of a whirlwind right now as we settle in trying to carve enough space for six extra people at my folks' place! The kids start at the local school on Monday so lets hope the jetlag has sorted itself out by then! The kids have already been enjoying the lake (brrrrrrrrr!) with Delsin being the only voice of dissent! We'll try to get him in today but that means Mommy will have to take the plunge. EEK. The lake is like a millpond right now and you can feel the stress flow from the body just by looking at it. Life is good.

Now for a bit of a downer to this post, the house is STILL not sorted out. I didn't hear back from my solictor yesterday, quelle surprise, so I don't know if we have even exchanged contracts yet. Our buyers have left on holiday now so nothing will happen until they get back on June 5th. Sigh. I know it's all going to happen but what an unbelievable nightmare process it has been. Every time I hit another wall in this process it makes me shake my head to believe that this country was once an empire that ruled the world. Seriously.

Okay, must "carpe diem" now, only Mae has emerged so far and it's looking like another glorious day on Buck Lake. Thankfully the heat broke last night as it was a bit too sticky for my liking. We arrived on Thursday to the first heatwave of the season...37 degrees! The heat broke overnight and it feels much more civilized this morning...phew.

So much for a quick post. Just call me verbal-diarrhea girl. :o) Pics to come soon.

Love to all, especially my wonderful friends in the U.K.
Laura :o)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well what can I say... the sun is shining the sky is blue, but no Laura to share it with. Soooooo please you got home at last, get in that lake girl, I will dangle a toe in my pond and drink a beer !
Love and kisses Jan x

morelaundry said...

Glad you made it safe and sound!! Cant believe a year ago today you were rolled up in the back seat of a car.. sigh I miss you darlin!

mom23monsters said...

Hey there! I can't believe you're so close now after being a huge pond away! We are most definitively getting together in the very near future, lady, even if I have to hitchhike to get to you!

Love Karen

Unknown said...

God damn it hun... I MISS YOU!!!

Can't believe we never got to say goodbye & just reading your blogs & seeing that piccie of you makes me so sad :(

Send me a txt from all the way over there, just change the 0 to +44 & it shall reach me & I can txt ya back!

Right I am gonna go make a latte now - as my eyes are welling up just thinking about you...

I love ya hun & always will, so glad we met on that course almost 2 yrs ago - you mean so very much to me!

Love, hugs, cuddles & snuggles,
Lynda xxx

Anonymous said...

Glad you got home at last, the house will be sorted out soon, I'm sure. I will miss what was becoming an annual get-together in England! So now that you are closer to me, you'd better come visit, and make it an annual NW/Seattle get-together instead of an English rendezvous...

-Angela

Anonymous said...

YAY!! You're home babe, I'm so thrilled! :o)
I know it was a long road but it's just another chapter in your adventurous life.
Can't wait to see you,
lovin', sandz! xo
go sens go!

Anonymous said...

So Happy to see all those wonderful pictures, I realize how much of those wonderful times I have missed in there lives. So please keep sending the updates.
I love you all a whole bunch
Hope the house comes together soon, and that van will be the right one this time.
Mum