Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Settling in...

Life goes on for the Taverners! After what seems like a whirlwind week, well one week tomorrow, life continues on for all of us. Tim headed back to work in TO yesterday, bright and early, the kids have finished day 3 of their new school (day 2 for Delsin), & I've been out and about looking at cars, narrowing down houses to look at next week and running errands, as you do. :o) Delsin is attending full days on Monday and Wednesdays and alternate Fridays so today was his first day on the big yellow school bus...and he was so freaking out excited this morning...LOL Because my parents live way back in the "boondocks", 10km from the main road, there is a local man (Bill) who is contracted to pick up 2 other local kids, and now ours, and he transports them to the main highway where the bus picks them up and takes them to the catchment school. My folks are just over the border in the next township so the kids have rather a long journey each day but it doesn't seem to phase them, even Connor seems cool with everything. :o) My Mom volunteered at the big school book fair today, she was 30 years as a teacher librarian, and she had the opportunity to see each of the kids which seemed to be a big hit and I'm sure the school appreciated the help. :o)

Today was lovely for me, I had a real "me" day after spending a very hectic day yesterday looking at cars with my Dad...ugh. I headed off to the chiropractor who is sorting out my destroyed back, I popped in on a local friend I've known from years ago when we would spend time here, and then I headed off to meet a friend, Karen, who I have known for 5 years but have never met...isn't the internet great?? :o) I was spoiled with lunch and yummy dessert and it was just nice to have some girly time chatting and relaxing. Karen is fab and her kids are just gorgeous, plus there is another one on the way next month...**rub rub** for that gorgeous belly!

My folks are off to a family wedding tomorrow, Tim comes back from TO and before you know it the weekend will be upon us. Sheesh, the time flies by!! I'm off to TO for a househunting trip next week so Mom and Dad will take over the brood. What would I do without my folks?? Life is ticking along here in Ontario.

In other news...hehe...we DID finally "exchange contracts" on our house sale in England yesterday and we have a completion date set for 5th June. YAY! Only 3 months later than originally planned. :o) I can now breathe a sigh of relief and start to seriously look at houses now. Lots to choose from and I know the perfect one is out there with our name on it. :o) I can't wait to find our Casa Taverner.

Hope all is well in your part of the world. Love to all,
Laura XO

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

fingers x'd for lots of luck in TO next week!
sandz! xo

Tim said...

Just think how happy the kids are with the new school, soon we will have a nice house with lots of space for our horde !

For the Horde !

Unknown said...

Keep in touch hun... I miss you heaps ~ I know house hunting is busy work though so just spare 5mins to send me a txt sometime ;)

Love you loads...

Huggles,
Lynda xxx