Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Just call me "Jaws"..hehe...

Ever seen "The Spy Who Loved Me"/"Moonraker"?

My big brave Connor got the brackets for his braces yesterday and will return next week for the wires and bands (he's chosen red & black, just call him my little Sith Lord...LOL)! He was such a star during the process and kept giving me and Tim the "thumbs up". It couldn't have been that pleasant to have this big plastic thing holding your lips back and another rubber piece inside your mouth for 15 minutes, so hats off to my boy!! He was feeling a bit uncomfortable yesterday as his mouth had to get used to these pieces of metal stuck to his teeth so we did keep him home but back to school today, mean old Mom and Dad..hehe. Another positive out of the move delays is that we were able to get this done now and not have to go through the whole process of dentist, referral to orthodontist, blah blah blah, once we got back home. Dad has arranged an appointment with their dentist in early June (please let us be home by then!) as he needs an adjustment 6 weeks after the wires go in. We did manage to pull one of the brackets off last night when we were removing the "brace-eze" gel stuff that helps to stop the metal from rubbing on the inside of his mouth...ooops! I called but was told "no worries" and they would cement it back on next week when we go for the wires. I'm sure this won't be the last mishap...LOL

Cam isn't feeling well today, bad head and tummy, so he is home lying in my bed. Jan's daughter Sophie is home today too and Cam's teacher said she had four off yesterday...EEK. "lurgies" in year 6! :o) I'm sure he'll be back in fighting form tomorrow. Good thing about kids when they feel sick is that they just shut down and sleep it off, unlike us old folks! Delsin had a great day at school, as usual, and came home with a sticker which he proudly announced he had earned because "he knew stuff"...LOL Little darling.

Despite the fact that I should be taking it easy because my back is a bit "dodgy" (I'm pretty sure it's my sciatic nerve being pinched...again), I had a nice ride this morning on "Seb" and bit the bullet and tried a few jumps...woo hoo. Okay, okay, so you won't see me on the Canadian equestrian team but it was an accomplishment for me! :o) I had a couple of much better canters as well and I'm finding my "seat" now. Why is it so much harder to make every part of your body work at the same time when you are older?? Not fair! :o) Mae makes it look like a breeze! She is very happy to be back on a pony today after me not letting her ride at the end of last week because of the ballet exam. She will ride in a little show at the stables tomorrow trying to "go clear" on her chosen pony. Should be lots of fun!

Tim has decided, after clearing it with the bosses, that he will hang around here until the 13th and then he must go back to "in person" work. Poor guy, this messing around is not easy on him. He is still the incredible shrinking man as he diligently continues on his exercise & healthy eating regime. It's amazing to see how his clothes are fitting so much better, some of his stuff is positively baggy on him now! I've ordered him to buy some jeans that fit when he gets back to TO, he looks like "Timmy from the 'hood" right now...yo, yo, yo. Showing off your boxers and butt crack is so NOT a good look! :o)

A bit of news on the house sale today, it appears that not only are we still waiting for the mortgage valuation results, which was supposed to be done today, but the actual mortgage OFFER is not even in place for the buyers at the bottom. Aarrgghh. Someone has not been doing their job, I believe the term "lazy" was used by the estate agent representing these clients. Good thing is that this agent is as sick of all this as I am and is staying on everyone's a$$ so he can get this over and done with. Wow, a proactive estate agent, be still my heart. Taking lots of deep cleansing yoga breaths again today. **good air in** **bad air out**

Mom should be back safely by now, I bet she will be glad for the peace and quiet after living with this crew! Oscar is still having a ball and was chasing wild turkeys yesterday and enjoyed lying in Dad's pile of peat moss in the garden making himself into a bloody mess ! He loves to lie in the dirt! The cats are still hissing at each other and have a little swiping match at breakfast time, guess they won't be best friends no matter what. Schat seems to be scared to go outside still, poor little thing, hehe. I miss my pets so much and can't wait to see them again.

Guess that's all the news that's new around here, another exciting week chez Taverner. :o) Hope you are all well,
Laura :o)






No comments: