Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Monday, October 23, 2006

She's here & we survived tobogganing...

It was a busy Sunday in the Taverner household! First of all, my Mom arrived safe and sound at Terminal 4 of Heathrow yesterday...after the flight from hell! A group of Swiss exchange students kept her awake all night with their chatting so she was very tired...ugh, poor Mom! She came along to pick Mae up from riding and then we came back home, had a quick visit and then left her to go tobogganing for Cam's birthday party. It was probably for the best because she was tired and was able to take a little nappy-poo while we were away.

Second, we survived a tobogganing party with 9 children...woo hoo! It was a lot of fun and it was great to see the kids spend 30 minutes running up and sliding down a hill of snow earning nice rosy cheeks in the process! There should, however, be a disclaimer warning parents of possible heart palpatations caused by trying to haul out-of-shape bodies up a snow covered slope...epecially when carrying an almost 30lb. 4-year-old...**pant pant**. To be honest, Delsin was an absolute star and didn't complain at all! He really enjoyed bombing down on Mom or Dad's lap! After the session we went back to the cafe where they had a table set up for us and big platters of food were brought out. There were pizza's, sausages, curly fries, veggies & dip, slush puppies and jugs of water plus mini doughnuts for dessert and party bags for each child to take home. I was very impressed with what was provided and the kids were eating for England after all that exercise...even Mr. Fussy-pants, a.k.a Delsin! We brought a cake and Cam was a bit embarrassed when we all started to sing to him, check out the grin on his face below..hehe. He enjoyed his day and we were so happy to see him having fun!




Cam is out today with one of the boys from his party, Jack, and I was really pleased when he was invited. Cam has struggled to "fit in" and find friends here and Jack seems like a lovely boy. I hope they are having a great time! I'm having a lazy day and think I'm "coming down" from the stress of the last few weeks. We plan to tell the kids tonight of our plans to move back to Canada and I hope they are okay with the idea. Part of the reason we waited to tell them was so that I could have my Mom here for some moral support. I'm sure that the boys are going to be fine with the idea but Mae's little world is going to collapse around her. She has a great life here and will miss her friends and her activities. Our task is to convince her that she can start her activities again in Canada and make new friends. Not so easy to understand when you are nine. I can remember doing this many times in my life as a "military brat" and it's not easy but you do it and carry on. I hope my experience will help her and my Mom will be here to reassure her as well.

On a final note, I thought I would post a picture of another one of my neighbours, well sort of. This little guy/gal is actually a resident of my neighbour's garden and came out for a little wander around on Saturday. A little glimpse of nature in a busy town.


Hope you had a great weekend,
Laura :o)

No comments: