Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Another week gone...

Sheesh time really does fly, doesn't it?? It's been a hectic week with lots of decisions to be made. I've got builders coming on Friday to install the shower and fix the plaster in the entrance hall...finally found one I HOPE I can trust to show up and do the job...the garage door is fixed, the guy was here today to measure for the lino in the kitchen and two bathrooms, and I've had two decorator quotes back as well...result! I'm hoping that by the end of November we can get the place on the market and see what happens. I don't think this is particularly the best time of year to sell a house and places listed around here are not selling right now...EEK. I just hope the size of this place and it's location will help to sell it and we are not holding out to make a huge windfall either, we will make a profit anyway and it will give us a good downpayment on a place in TO. Fingers crossed.

The kids finished up another busy week, Connor managed to get a detention for not doing his homework and that was a good lesson for him! I can only nag so much and he is capable of doing his homework despite his Aspergers! Mae has been practicing her flute regularly and what a difference it it making, I'm very happy with her. She lost her riding lesson on Tuesday after a monumental diva/strop moment and I think she learned a lot from that. Mom's threats came to a real punishment and although she was not happy, she took her punishment and has been much better since. She finished the week off with football club on Friday followed by a ballet class, two ballet classes on Saturday morning, skating with Emily, Beth, Neil, me and Cameron in the afternoon, and a day at the stables today...phew. I don't know where she gets the energy from! Cam did go to football club on Friday...and hated it...rats. I've told him that he still has to go and I'm hoping that the more he learns about the game, the more he will enjoy it. That's my theory anyway..hehe. Cam wanted to come skating with us on Saturday and I was really proud of him! He looked like "Bambi" when he stepped out on the ice and I thought he was going to say "forget this", but he stuck with it and stayed on his feet for the better part of an hour. He was really starting to sort out his balance by the end. Delsin and Connor had a very chilled out weekend with Daddy and I think they both needed that after a hard week. Connor went to his youth group on Saturday and enjoyed it as usual. Delsin "helped" Daddy do the grocery run today and came home all excited with candy in his hands...hehe. Tim went off to see one of his freaky gamer friends while Connor was at group on Saturday and then had a pretty chilled weekend after that. We still did our pizza and movie night on Saturday featuring "The Chamber of Secrets" and I was amazed I made it through as much of the movie as I did, what else is new?? I was "toast" after and early start to the day to get Mae off to ballet and then an hour and a half of skating in Oxford!! A couple of glasses of wine and some pizza and it was ZZZZZZZZZ for Mommy! Everyone went up to bed and left me on the couch and I eventually crawled up to bed at 12:30! It was another early day today to get Mae off to the stables for 9:00 and I had lots of tidying/sorting to do before Clive cam to measure up for the lino. I'm trying to declutter and pitch stuff as well, a very big job! I had a lovely ride out with Mae this afternoon on 'Solly' although Mae was pouting because she wasn't happy riding her pony Scrumpy..oh well. Sue did brilliantly on big King, what a gorgeous boy he is! When we got back, I popped over to Jan's because I knew she had been babysitting Millie while we were riding and I got my first "cuddle". I even managed to put her to sleep on my shoulder, what a great feeling...DOWN ovaries, BAD ovaries! Sophie was in big ka-ka with Jan and missed her ride today..as well her two rides this coming week..but it was good to see that she didn't look too upset. I think Jan is upset with our leaving and pretty much told me not to worry about working anymore which upsets me a bit as we won't be leaving for a while, but I guess I can see it from her point of view. Sigh.

So the kids are all up in their beds now and I must crack on with the ironing and get my butt off to bed too. Busy week as Tim is on a course so I have to do the Connor run for the next three days...ugh. Connor's annual review is on Wednesday and that will be a good thing for me to take back to Canada to give them an idea of his provision here, not that I'm holding my breath that he will get anything near that back home...sigh. Jen will hopefully be back to clean on Wednesday and I dropped off some ironing to her today, her family picked up a terrible stomach bug that is doing the rounds and she was desperately ill last week and couldn't clean. She looks much better now and really wants to get back to work.

Special thoughts going out tonight to my friend Wendy in NY state...they were hit by a terrible early season snow storm and have suffered extensive damage to their home. They now have power and everyone is safe and warm so that is a relief. I hope things improve and they are able to get things repaired quickly and get life back to normal. Love and hugs to Wendy, Bob and the kids.

Nighty-night,
Laura :o)

No comments: