Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Half term...aaaahhhhhh...

So the kids have made it through to half term and have now earned a week off school to rest their little brains! Mommy looks forward to sleeping in a bit, I'm so not a morning person! Cam got to end on a high note with turning 11 and is looking forward to his tobogganing party tomorrow at and indoor snow done in Milton Keynes! I hope Mom and Dad survive 9 soaking wet kids! Even better, my Mom arrives tomorrow from Canada to stay with us for 3 weeks...bliss. I always feel much better when I have my family by my side and I can feel my mood lifting already! We will have to do lots of work this visit to get our house ready to sell and I know she will be a great help to me. I must purge the kids toys and found an article in the local paper about a toy shop in a neighbouring town that is having a "toy amnesty" where people can drop off any old toys, complete or not, and they will repair/clean them and sell them with profits going to the new childrens hospital in Oxford...I hope they are prepared for what I'm about do dump on them...urgh! Yesterday the builders arrived and did a fantastic job installing our new shower upstairs and skimming the walls in our entrance hall so that we can now paint them. I got back some quotes from the decorators as well and I've decided on one to hire to continue on the walls upstairs but think I will tackle the kitchen myself or else this is going to cost us a fortune. Oh well, it all has to be finished so that we can get our butts moved outta here. The lino quote has come in as well so that will hopefully be installed in the next few weeks. Fingers crossed that we will be ready to list at the end of November.

Tim and I are finally going to get to Paris!! Mom agreed to watch the kids for 3 days at the end of next week, while the kids are off school, so that I can finally see the City of Lights! We are going over on the Eurostar train...yes UNDER the channel **panic for Laura**...and spending two nights in a beautiful hotel near the Louvre. We have a day tour booked to see Paris by bus, then a cruise up the river to the Eiffel Tower where we will enjoy lunch on the first floor. To say I'm excited would be a HUGE understatement. I will now be able to tick Paris off my "Things to Do Before I Die" list. ;o) I'm thrilled that after six years in Europe I won't leave with the regret of not seeing Paris...isn't my Mom the BEST?

So busy weekend ahead and so much to do in so little time. I'm trying to take things slowly and make list of priorities to work from. I know it will all get done but I can completely understand why "experts" say that moving is one of the most stressful experiences you can have! I'm going to take some time out this evening to enjoy a night with two of my wonderful friends, Jan and Jen. Jen has invited us over for wine and nibbles so we can have a nice "girls" evening. It will be so nice to have some time away from all the stress in my life right now.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend so far,
Laura :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww have a great visit with your mom!! I sent ya an email, so hope to talk to you again soon!
Kim :)