Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Sunday, October 8, 2006

Giving thanks...

So tomorrow is Thanksgiving in Canada but since we are in the U.K. we won't have a day off to celebrate so we did ours today! I love any excuse to cook a turkey and I must admit that Thanksgiving has always been one of my favourite holidays. I think it's a great idea to pause once every year and give thanks for all that you have because it's easy to forget how lucky you are when you are caught up in the mayhem and stress of everyday life. I am thankful for a husband who provides us with a good life which allows me to be a full time Mom! I'm thankful that Tim loves (and lusts) me unconditionally. I'm thankful that I have four beautiful, healthy, brilliant children who fill my life with joy and unbounded bliss! I'm thankful that I have parents who are also two of my best friends and I love them with all my heart. I'm thankful for the many friends I have, some near and some far, who support me and love me. I'm thankful that I am healthy so that I can be a mother to my children. I'm sure there are many other things I am thankful for but those are a few I've expressed today. The most important thing to me is not the "stuff" but the people who mean the most to me and I hope the next year will be a great one for all of us.

Here are the people I am most thankful for today:



It's been another busy weekend with ballet classes for Maeghan, youth group for Connor, errands to run and a big dinner to cook today! Mae and I picked out Halloween costumes at Sainsbury's on Saturday with Mae choosing the "Devil's wife", Cam is going to be the "Grim Reaper" and Connor is sticking with his fave "Vampire" while Delsin was thrilled when I dug out his cat costume from last year! If it's anything like last year I probably won't get Delsin out of the costume until Christmas...haha! Today, Mae and I enjoyed a ride out with Sophie, Jan, Sarah, Sue and Fizz to celebrate Sophie's 11th birthday...Happy Birthday Sophie, we love you! Stuart was on hand taking photos so I'll check tomorrow to see if he got any action shots of our gang! I had a great ride, on my fave horse Max, and Maeghan had a blast on her fave speedy little pony Midnight. It was my best ride to date and I'm starting to feel much more confident with my trotting and cantering! Let's hope that I'm not doing a "John Wayne" come Tuesday...urgh. We popped over to Jan's after to sing "Happy Birthday" to Sophie and then enjoy a yummy piece of chocolate cake and a cup of tea...bliss!

Looks like another busy week coming up, as usual, and Connor is having a friend come back with us after school... a first for him! It's lovely to see that he is making a friend and it shows how much calmer and more mature he is this year. What a load off this Mommy's mind! Less than two weeks until Cameron is 11, the time seems to really fly by when you have kids!

One last note for today, please spare some thoughts, or prayers if you are so inclined, for Carrie and her son Zackary...you can find a link to Zackary's Caringbridge site on this blog...they had some bad news last week from Zack's test results on his spinal fluid and they could use all the support we can give. He is one tough little man and I have everything crossed that things will start to look better in this struggle to beat the bastard cancer. I'm keeping you both in my thoughts. XO

Hope you are all having a great Sunday and to my compatriots enjoy your Thanksgiving celebrations tomorrow. Wish I could be there to raise a cold "Blue" and enjoy some CFL! I will definitely be there in spirit.

Laura :o)

No comments: