Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Sunday, October 1, 2006

Another busy week!

Yet another busy weekend, what else is new? Cam had to (once again) learn the hard way about who really are and aren't his friends and against my better judgement started hanging out with a boy who lives up the street and is in his class. It only took 2 days before this kid and another local boy managed to manipulate him into doing something he knew was wrong and he ended up grounded...sigh. Poor kid but I won't let him get away with stuff just because he is naive. I can't wait for this year to be over so that he can start at a new school next fall away from all these little wankers! His teacher has been wonderful (again) this year and we're using a home-school notebook and lots of reward ideas to keep him on track. He's had a "blip" again last week, so we'll have another meeting to discuss this. He is so incredibley bright but just can't focus, I'm starting to have that panicky feeling about him showing autistic tendencies and I hope we're not having to deal with a second diagnosis. I'll try not to panic until it's really time to panic...easier said than done!

Mae had her ballet schools' awards night yesterday and she walked away with 3 trophies and a certificate...little star that she is! She did really well performing for the parents despite how incredibly nervous she was, she gets a really bad case of stage-fright every time...haha. Her little face was a picture when she came and found us with her hands full of kudos...well done girlie-pants! Delsin loved that he got to go to his babysitter rather than come and watch boring old ballet!



Connor was back at his youth group this week after our car trouble last weekend caused him to miss out...4 new tires...OUCH! He says he is still loving the group and its so nice that he can go and do something social without Mom and Dad hanging around cramping his style..hehe. He has had an amazing start to the school year and so has earned his "reward"...a copy of Homeworld:Cataclysm...give me strength...sigh. I will never understand the pull of PC games as long as I live!! He deserves his reward though, school is never easy for an Aspie!

Delsin has had another typical week of fun being four, it's such a wonderful age and he is such an easy kid...most of the time. He had a little meltdown at his swimming lesson on Thursday and I think he was just exhausted and not willing to "play ball" that day. A quick chat about spending time sitting on his bed when we got home seemed to pull him out of his pissy mood and he had a little cat nap which seemed to sort him out. Sometimes it's hard to be four..hehe.

Its Sunday so that means loads of laundry and errands to be run but I'm not setting foot out of this house in this attrocious weather...oh how I hate this time of year in the U.K., so grey and miserable...bleck. I just feel like hibernating until Spring. Snow I can handle, rain and misery I cannot. The plumber comes tomorrow to quote for our new shower enclosure and I need to dig out the house so that the cleaner can start on Wednesday...cleaning for the cleaning lady...ironic, isn't it? At least it's spurring me on to dig out this pit of a house, it looks like Toys r Us has vomited in here most days. So it's time for a big clear out and the local playgroup and charity shops are going to LOVE me!

I can't freaking believe it's October already...EEK...where the hell did September go???? At least this means my Mommy will be here in 3 weeks...**bliss**...I miss her so. Can't wait to introduce her to the MK Centre in Milton Keynes **drool** we can do some serious damage together me thinks...think my Dad is in for a coronary when the Visa bill comes in after this visit...sorry Daddy!

So ready to tackle another week...I hope.
Laura :o)

No comments: