Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Thursday, March 22, 2007

The waiting game...

Still no real news to report on the home-front, we now are in sit-and-wait mode! Our property is being re-listed in the papers tomorrow and we are working with the people who tried to buy our house before the chain went disastrously wrong. It will come down to a race to see who we can find to buy our house and will commit to exchanging contracts first. Easier said than done, but I'm trying to stay positive that the right person is out there whether it's someone I already know of or someone entirely unknown to me so far! My agents will hope we can broker a deal with the original buyers because I've given my notice and will be leaving them in less than two weeks time. I don't think one agent is any better than the other but I feel we need a fresh start and new perspective on things. I did manage to express my disappointment to the agent we are currently dealing with on the phone yesterday and that did make me feel a bit better. I may as well have been talking to a brick wall, but I was able to get some stuff out that was really bothering me. I did receive a second phone call a few hours later with a much more subdued, dare I say even a bit apologetic (?), agent but it doesn't change how I feel we have been treated through this whole process. I'm still feeling disappointed and hurt by everything that has transpired and I imagine I will feel that way until I have a signed contract followed by the money in my bank account so that I can get out of here!!

Tim made it home safely last night and Dad left early this morning, he should be getting close to the end of his journey by now and I hope the day went smoothly for him. I'm jealous that soon he will be giving my furry friends lots of love, fuss, and scratches. Sigh. I'm please that he and Mom will get to spend some extra time together, they have been separated so much over the last few months in order to help me get by with Tim being gone so much. I don't know what I would have done without them during this very tumultuous time in my life.

Another busy Thursday, as usual, this is the late night for Mom and Mae as we had swimming and ballet classes after school. Tim got to hang out with his boys tonight and Delsin has been his little shadow today. He has missed his Daddy. Cam and Mae did their second week of "survival" swimming at school so I had more soggy sets of clothing plus regular swim gear to contend with tonight. Never a dull moment around here. Connor has his usual "okay" day at school and seems to be getting on swimmingly at the moment. It's hard to believe they have only one week left of school and then it's the Easter two week holidays, it seems like just yesterday it was the half-term break, yikes!

I'm feeling a bit sad as tomorrow was supposed to be the boys' last day of school and then they would have boarded a plane to head to Canada on Tuesday. The moving van was supposed to arrive on Monday to begin packing our belongings. I'm guess I'm still smarting a bit over all of this. A year from now I will wonder what all the fuss was about, but for now I stew.

Well, off to get a few shows off the Sky+ while it's quiet and not too late, I have a bad habit of nodding off on the couch these days, guess I'm getting old and I'm just in denial. ER & CSI:NY awaits me!

Nighty night all,
Laura :o)


No comments: