Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Happy Mothering Sunday

A very Happy Mothering Sunday to my fellow U.K. Mommas! In Canada we don't celebrate until May so this always seems to creep up on me and with Tim not being here this year it won't really be a big celebration. I got a lovely card from Delsin that he made at school and I was amazed to see his writing in the card, my baby is growing up **SOB**. It's just a normal Sunday around here, Mae is off to the stable and the boys, Dad and I will hang out here. I have more cleaning and sorting to do and I have to watch Mae's jumping lesson at noon. Life goes on in Bicester.

My heart goes out to two mothers who are not going to have a very happy day; knife violence has gripped London this week as two teenage boys lost their lives, one on Wednesday and one last night. It troubles me to see the violence that I still associate with being on the "other side of the pond" marring the U.K. Knife culture is becoming increasingly worrying and I can only hope that this will stop so that more mothers and families won't have to live the nightmare of these two families.

On a positive note, I have a several friends that are celebrating this year with gorgeous new babies to cherish, congrats ladies! They grow up so fast, the time goes by in blink, enjoy every moment!

Cheers from here,
Laura :o)

No comments: