Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Safe and sound!

The furry ones made it safe and sound to Grandma's house last evening and survived their first night on Canadian soil! I woke up to a funny email from my Mom explaining the adventure to retrieve and then return them to her home and the introduction to "Bug" the resident feline on Buck Lake! I have to just copy/paste this bit from Mom's email------>

"Oscar rode up front with me. He had his head in my lap almost the whole way. Once we got on the Massassauga and lowered the window up went his head sniffing the air. I have had him out four times already and he finally had a very very very long pee on the last outing. He is a lot
more interested in heading up the road. He obviously smells things out there. I may end up with an arm pulled out of its socket tomorrow. He has toured the house a few times. On one occasion I went upstairs to find Bug on top of the back of the coach, back arched, hair raised making her look twice her size, teeth showing and hissing at Oscar. She treated me the same way. She since has come downstairs, saw both Oscar and Schat and has retreated under the staircase which I had not successfully fully blocked off. Schat has been in there as well but no action so far. Schat vocalized a lot on the way home starting with little peeps and then louder meowing. She has been on the prowl since we got in the house. I was going to keep her in the entrance area but she pushed the door open immediately. I am going to go to bed soon and let the
chips fall where they may overnight. I'll get Oscar out for a walk first thing in the morning. Talk to you tomorrow, love, Mom"

Too funny!! I have spoken to Mom today and everybody survived the night and Oscar doesn't seem the least bit interested in Bug although Bug is very wary of him! Mom took Oscar out for a walk and had the most amazing confrontation with some of the other neighbourhood residents...some young bucks! I guess they spotted Mom and Oscar as they walked out the door and rather than running away, made their way closer and had a staring-standoff with Oscar...yikes! The bucks would lift one front hoof and slam it to the ground staring at Oscar, then lift the other front hoof and repeat the ritual. I guess Oscar watched this with interest but didn't make a sound and actually sat down after a few minutes of this. When he stood up again making a larger movement the bucks then turned and with two or three hops disappeared from sight. What an amazing thing to see, shame Mom didn't have her camera at hand, she was cursing this the whole time but knew she couldn't make a move without scaring off the deer. Yet another crappy day on Buck Lake, I don't know how my folks can stand living there...LOL

We may have good news to report tomorrow on the possibility of selling our house if things fall into place tonight....**fingers crossed** I won't say any more for fear of putting the "whammy" on us!! Tim is arriving in a few hours so I'll be off to Oxford to pick him up and then up at 0:dark:30 to take Dad to Oxford as he is heading back to Canada earlier than planned since his trip with the boys scheduled on the 27th is no longer a go. Sigh. I just want to go home now. Blah.

At least I can never complain that my life is dull, that's something, I guess.

Laura :o)


No comments: