Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Thursday, April 12, 2007

YAY, my Mommy is here!

Amazing how my Mom arriving can lift my spirits. :o) It was great to have a good old adult gassing session yesterday at the breakfast room table. We talked about news from home, gossip and news from here (hehe), politics, religion, world affairs, and more! One of the things I admire most about my parents is that they are worldly, they read and want to learn and understand the world around us. I get such stimulation from having conversations with them! So my brain feels great this morning and my mood is improving. I have her here with me until May 1st and I can only hope that me and the kids will be following her soon after.

Things with the house sale are progressing...slowly...but still progressing. I discovered yesterday that my estate agents are STILL idiots, nothing new there then. I made the decision to correct misinformation given to the other parties involved in our sale chain directly rather than counting on the boobs I'm forced into dealing with. Everyone is now set straight, dates are given and understood, so now we wait to see how quickly we can get this show on the road. If I dare to say it out loud, I would like to say that we could have the moving van in our drive to start packing our belongings on May 7th....I hope saying that won't put the "whammy" on the whole thing!! A few more fingers crossed might just help, so please go for it!

The kids and I had a great outing on Tuesday to a quarry in Kirtlington, Oxfordshire. Jan has been telling me of this place for two years and I've never been before, urgh. Oscar would have loved it there and I'm kicking myself for never taking him, oh well. In any event, we had a great few hours out walking a LONG way, much longer than anyone anticipated because we really didn't know where we were going..hehe. The UK is a maze of footpaths/bridlepaths cutting through property, public and private, and you can literally walk forever! We ended up walking for over 2 hours and I was amazed at my kids' patience, especially Connor! Despite a mean blister on his left heel, he was a star and just got on with it! Delsin had to be carried for about 15 minutes on our trek back but he got his second wind and was off running again before long. The fresh air and exercise felt great and I was able to chat with some lovely friends and just forget about the stress in my life for a few hours. The countryside was beautiful and the weather was perfect! We adjourned to Jan's afterwards for tea and cake...how very British, love it! I actually didn't think Jan was serious about the tea part...I was wondering where the beer was, after all, it was past 5:00. :o)

A few pics from the day out------------>

Sophie, Cam, Mae & Delsin climbing in the quarry
Connor giving Mom the thumbs up! Delsin posing by the river along our walk
My three boys walking in OxfordshireMae and the "other Jan"
The walking gang! Check out the view and the weather!!

The Easter school holidays are winding down and the weather is still exceptional for this time of year so I'm thinking of a day trip to the coast on Saturday with Mom and the kids. Mae has been doing her usual riding days, the stables shut down for no holiday, and had two "pony days" this week where she spent 3 hours per day at the stables riding, cleaning tack, learning about caring for ponies, etc. She loved every moment. She apparently had a spectacular "10 out of 10" fall on her regular hack on Sunday and I'm happy to say I WASN'T there to witness it. It seems her speedy little pony was cantering into a large jump and then changed his mind...and direction...the laws of physics dictated that Mae kept going in the original direction! I have missed all of her dramatic falls and that is just fine with me. She gives me fits, I swear. Other than a couple of impressive bruises and a sore noodle she is just fine. She has a ballet exam in just over two weeks time and she has been warned to take it easy, yeah right...haha. So next week it's back to the normal routines and I'm so happy I have my Mom here now to make the morning rush and the after school activity runs so much easier. Have I ever mentioned how much my parents rock?? Well, maybe once or twice...

Hope you are all well and spring is sprung wherever you are. Mom commented on how gorgeous and green it is here and how I'm going to have to prepare myself for living in Canada again where spring is most definitely later arriving. A small price to pay if you ask me. :o)

Love to all,
Laura :o)

No comments: