Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Two days down...

Well, the first two week days of Easter holidays have gone by and so far so good! The kids have been really good, playing peacefully together for the most part and that is all I can ask for! Connor is in geek heaven with lots of PC gaming time and Cam has managed to keep himself occupied for the most part which has stopped him from his usual favourite past-time of tormenting his younger siblings. Delsin is his happy-go-lucky self as usual and Mae spent a good hour today practicing her ballet for her upcoming Grade 3 exam at the end of April. She looks great and I'm sure she will do really well. Tomorrow Delsin is off to his babysitter for a few hours so that Mae and I can saddle up for a hack out (please pray for my ass and thighs..hehe). The boys are staying here with my neighbour Jan keeping an eye on them, they are really good and I have no issues leaving them for short amounts of time now. Connor is "Mr. Responsible" and keeps Cam in line for sure...haha. I can hardly believe that Connor is going to be THIRTEEN in two weeks time...**this is not happening** **I am not ready for this** It is another milestone in his life that has crept up on me, it seems that parents always have this vision of their children as babies when these events happen! He is a constant joy in my life and I know he will be an amazing teenager. Tim will be home to celebrate his big day thanks to his very understanding boss and his very generous company, they have been very kind with us and extremely flexible to allow us as much family time as we need while we wait for the hell-that-is-our-house-sale to finish!! I know Connor will be very happy to have his Dad here. Grandma will also be making an appearance, how wonderful for him and his Mommy. :o) Oh and the Easter bunny has to make a panicked dash tomorrow to get sorted as the furry rodent managed to miss out on lots of opportunities while kids were at school to be prepared for Sunday. Doh.

Speaking of Grandma and Grandpa, they are enjoying life on the lake as usual. I received an email update today with some pictures of Oscar and Schat. As I expected, Schat has come out of hiding, I figured it would only be a matter of time before the need for affection overruled her fear of her new surroundings. Oscar settled in quickly and is enjoying his daily walks along the road. He is slowly learning the futility of chasing small creatures, we never said he was the "tallest tree in the forest". The resident pet, Bug, is still NOT amused at the new furry residents and is continuing to give the cold shoulder to my folks, oh dear. At least there are no fights breaking out and I'm sure she will eventually come around. I hope.

Things with our house sale may be progressing in a positive way. I'm not holding my breath but I'm cautiously optimistic. I'm so scared to say anything for fear of putting the **whammy** on the whole deal...urgh. People are spending money which is always a good sign. So for now we are back in "hurry up and wait" mode and are completely at the mercy of strangers and solicitors. Oh great. No wonder my stomach hurts most days. Sigh.

Okay, off to bed for me, it's late here and I'm making a concerted effort to get more sleep! I'm chronically tired so it's a personal project to give my brain the rest it needs and deserves. That and to maintain the nice, albeit short, set of nails I've been diligently working on with Mae! Won't my Mommy be proud when she gets here?

Nighty night all,
Laura :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

when the heck did you start a blog??!! and why didn't anyone tell me!?
nice words babe, keep up the great job.
sandz! xo