Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Homesick...

And there's more...

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Homesick...
Current mood: blah
Category: Blogging

So I'm really homesick today...yah, yah, I know I'm ALWAYS homesick, but today is a bad case. Went over to do some PTA stuff last night (okay, I'm a loser PTA woman too...sheesh) and sat in a room with a bunch of women who are all from "here", have known each other for dogs years and I felt suddenly very sad...again. I just long to sit with my long term friends again, have a glass of wine and just gas about the world, the universe, etc. I just miss my confidantes so much...blah. It's not that I want to be close to any of these particular women, in fact there's a few I can hardly stand to be in a room with, it just stirred up those general feelings of longing for the familiar. I miss hearing accents like mine. I miss being able to use my own brand of sarcasm and wit without getting odd looks. I miss using slang, expressions and euphemisms that make sense to the people in with. Sigh. Like I said, just damn homesick. I know I'm here for the long haul but some days are just tougher than others. Guess I just get to be a big whiney pants for today. Sigh.

Okay, feel better now that I've got that off my chest.
Laura :o)

No comments: