Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Monday, March 27, 2006

Greetings...

Just wanted to cut and paste a few blog entries from another site I was using!

Laura :o)


Thursday, March 09, 2006

Greetings...
Current mood: blah
Category: Blogging

Okay, I'm new at this blogging stuff and will probably forget to do this regularly, but here goes! Just figured out how to upload pictures...woo hoo! I feel like such a technophobe when I try new things only to discover that I'm brighter than I give myself credit for and I really can do it! So lets hope I can use this webspace to my advantage!

It's grey, rainy and crappy in England...not exactly unusual...and my mood reflects this today. I feel terribly homesick right now and this is something I struggle with quite often. I'm a Canadian living abroad and I know many other expats feel the same way. It's not that I haven't made a life and friends here, but it's just not the same as "home"..kwim? Sigh. I think I need a vacation and am in the works to organize this, can't happen soon enough!

My youngest, Delsin, is fighting a cold. He's been snuffly for a few days and woke up today pretty bunged up. At about 9:00 this morning he crawled on top of Daddy and zonked out...and he's still out at 12:30 in the afternoon...poor little guy. The good thing about being 3 is that you can just shut down the body and fight the cooties off! He was supposed to be a preschool 15 minutes ago but I feel secure in the knowledge that he isn't missing "Rocket Science 101", so no worries! :o) I'd rather let him sleep it off and be back to his normal lovely self soon. He is an angel when he is asleep...awwww.

The other kids are back at the daily grind...aka school...The weeks seem to fly by when you have school aged kids. My life seems to be flying by lately..urgh! Tonight is our rushed night with swimming and Brownies, so need to get psyched up for the after-school rush. Mae gets to stay for a film after school as well..it's book fair/movie week here in Oxfordshire and the school has organized a series of movies for the kids to enjoy after school. I think it's great for the kids to socialize as a group out of school hours.

Okay...enough dawdling online, must get the ironing done...it never ends with a family of 6...and I hear the dishwasher beeping so it needs unloading too...sigh. At least it will keep me distracted from the rain!

Laura :o)

No comments: