Connor's puzzle piece!

Connor's puzzle piece!
Connor is a "Racing for Autism" hero!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mae "en pointe"

Well, after my whining about the kids growing up too fast and milestone after milestone flying by, Mae goes and reaches another one! After an 8 week delay from our first trip to Toronto to try on pointe shoes (everything was too big and they had to order in "diddy" sizes for her), she finally got to do her first ballet class "en pointe" last night!! How exciting! I think it was actually more exciting for Momma but that's okay. ;o) To add to her childhood trauma I even asked her teacher, Miss Lynn, if I could sit in and take pictures **groan**. My kids will thank me one day even if they feel like cringing now...hehe. 

I won't bore you with ALL the pictures here, I made up photo album on my .Mac account and included the link above (just click on the title of this post "Mae en pointe" to be redirected to the album). Here are just few highlights from our original shopping trip (can you believe I FORGOT my camera when we went back this past weekend to finally buy the "diddy" shoes they had ordered in for her???) and a few from her first class. Enjoy!
Trying on for the first time
And UP she goes...
Her first time up on her toes in class!
Getting help from Miss Lynn
Working hard
The whole class...find the diddy one! LOL
Quite pleased with herself, as she should be!



No comments: